In this episode, January chats with Jen Elizabeth of Resurrektion of Me about being motherless mothers, setting boundaries with toxic family, communicating with our kids, sobriety, and the healing process for motherless mothers to name a few.
- 00:00 – Jen Elizabeth & Resurrektion of Me intro
- 03:15 – Being daughters of addicts
- 07:01 – Tolerating as a daughter vs not tolerating as a mother
- 16:06 – No effort from parents vs all out effort as a parent
- 21:31 – Remember what you wanted as a child
- 22:32 – Pinterest mom or real life mom?
- 23:59 – Nurturing the inner child
- 29:29 – Telling society to f*** off with its standards
- 38:50 – Mother/daughter issues
- 42:56 – Showing our humanity by apologizing to our kids
- 44:36 – The joy of having older kids
- 51:28 – The importance of communicating to kids
- 58:48 – The heaviness of being an advocate
- 1:02:34 – It’s okay to honor yourself
- 1:06:58 – Giving yourself permission to do whatever feels right
- 1:10:19 – Not even a whiff of shaming
- 1:12:03 – The healing process for motherless mothers
- 1:22:39 – About Jen’s book “Shape of a Woman”
- 1:24:42 – A note about women rebuilding themselves
- 1:26:45 – Where to find Jen online and on social media
Jen stands tall as a speaker and an advocate, a writer and a published author of Shape of a Woman. She became a mother and woman of honor, and her purpose is to show what a healing woman looks like; to leave a lighted path for anyone who may be searching for a way out of their own darkness.
You can find Jen on Facebook here
Subscribe to January’s Podcast on iTunes!
Subscribe to January’s Podcast on Android!
Click here to listen January’s Podcast Episode 5 – Motherless Mothers with Jen Elizabeth!
Want more of Mama J? Join January Harshe’s patreon to get access to more bonus content than she’s ever shared before! Content like bonus podcast episodes, live Qs & As, a signed copy of the Birth Without Fear book, handwritten letters, one-on-one video chats, and more! Simply click here to become a January’s Podcast patron!